Image Credit: bloomua / Shutterstock.com
Branding is Very Important
As a brand marketing yourself online, you understand that branding your messages is very important; how else would someone know they were your messages if they were not branded appropriately?
Branding your messages makes them easy to recognize as belonging to you. Your brand can make sure that each message makes the right impression by making sure that each message you publish carries an easily recognizable, consistent, and appropriate reminder that your brand owns the content. Logos are a very important part of branding – but don’t stop there!
Video: Customizing Your YouTube Channel
Make Your Mark on YouTube With These Tips
You might be surprised to learn that there are several different opportunities available to brand your YouTube activities in such a way that they will be quite obviously and unforgettably yours!
- Remove any ads from your channel page – Removing the ads from your channel page will help ensure that the focus of your visitors remains on you. Otherwise, when visiting your channel page a visitor might be distracted and/or confused by the presence of unrelated advertisements.
- Make sure that you have branded your channel page – You have a limited ability to customize your YouTube channel page; make sure that you have your brand’s logo as a part of your background image. You can also add some of your social media profile links to your channel page’s sidebar area, don’t miss out on that! Last, don’t neglect to add a solid, short-and-sweet description of your brand and what your videos are all about.
- “Own” your avatar – As with most social media, almost all of your activity on YouTube will be accompanied by your avatar. Your avatar is an image that you will choose to represent your brand all around the site; from large to pretty darn small, this image should look good and clearly represent your brand. It is an easy to secure opportunity to assert your brand and help people recognize your content.
- Brand your video tags – When tagging your video, you cannot forget to add a “brand tag” to the end of your tag list. While the last tag that a video has is not given a great deal of influence, having your brand name as a part of this list will help to ensure that any videos that appear along with yours in the suggested / related videos areas will be more likely to be your videos as opposed to someone else’s.
- Watermark your videos – A watermark is a small, unobtrusive reminder that your videos belong to you. It does not have to be large or glaringly obvious, it actually works better if it is not either of these things. Instead, place it in the corner of your video so it does not get in the way of your content, and rest assured that no matter where your video appears, it will be obvious to the viewer who is behind the content they have just consumed.
- Introduce your video with a branded segment – Even something as simple as your logo, accompanied by a few special effects and a 5 second sound clip can serve as a great brand awareness reinforcement.
- Include the name of your channel in your video – If at all possible, include the name of your YouTube chanel in the introduction of your video. This is a great way to make sure that a viewer can find your channel when they view your video somewhere else, for example on someone’s blog.
- Brand your video endings – Send your viewers off in style with a branded ending clip. If you are on a tight budget, you may be able to use the same clip that you used in the introduction of your video. Just a little something to remind people who you are and where they can find you!
And this is only the beginning! Check out these posts by other top bloggers for more tips and tricks for branding your YouTube activities and really bringing in the crowds:
- 5 Ways to Brand Your New YouTube Profile – by Casey Zeman
- How to Brand Your YouTube Channel – by Nicole Hanusek
- How to Brand Your Blog’s YouTube Channel – by a guest contributor to ProBlogger
- 10 Killer Tips for Creating a Branded YouTube Channel – by Catherine-Gail Reinhard
- YouTube Now Lets You Add Branding Across All Your Videos In A Click – by Megan O’Neill
For a larger version, click on this graphic — To see the original post, click here
How do you brand your YouTube channel?